Sunday, June 1, 2014

Acappella Center is Finished

Yesterday and this morning I took some time to finish the center of Acappella.  I love it!


I will be using the same fabric that framed the center blocks for the inner border.  My LQS did not have enough of the fabric, so I looked online and purchased a yard from ebay.  Soon, I will be taking my machine in to the shop for a tuneup, so I don't know if I will finish the borders before or after that is done.  I have not yet had my machine in for a tuneup, so it is about time.  I think I have had my machine for about 3-4 years now.

My other project, hexie part deux, has seen some action too.  I started this three years ago, I think.  Out of three years, I think it was sitting on my sewing table untouched for two.  The hexagons are 1.5;" all of the fabrics are civil wars.


I really did not like the original design I drew, but couldn't think of anything better.  A few days ago, I took out some graph paper, and started over.  This is what I came up with.


The center will be rotated a bit more nicely, but I wasn't about to start over.  The white areas will be all made of civil war neutrals with random flowers in it.

It is nice to be back in the blogging world again, and also to keep up with many of your projects.  I lost all of my pictures and many of the blogs I have followed, but slowly I am finding them again!  Take care all of you!



4 comments:

  1. Maybe because it is hues of blue - I just LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your Acapella is beautiful! Very eye catching! Your hexie project is going to look great, too. Hope this version motivates you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with the blue version! Two-color and monochromatic quilts are my absolute favorite, so I am delighted to see Acapella this way. I can't wait to see it with the border and then quilted...thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looked back at this after I saw you on Jess's blog. Love your plan with the random flowers on neutrals!

    ReplyDelete