Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sip and Sew

My local quilt shop has a "Sip and Sew Wednesday."  They invite quilters to come in, plug in their machines, and sew the evening away.  I don't get there often, but when I do it is a special treat.  I brought my camera to take pictures of the beautiful sample quilts and even wanted to take a picture of the lovely antique machine being used next to me, but I was so wrapped up in chain piecing that I forgot!  Here is what I DID take.

The pile on my left will end up being the triple sash for the basket quilt.  The owner did not feel like sewing tonight so she pressed everything for me!  Wahoo!



Am I the only one who doesn't like to sew while wearing shoes?



Here is what I accomplished.  All of the triple sash pieces are complete.  I have about 15 9-patches complete for the cornerstones, and need to finish about 45 or so.  Not too shabby!


I also bought a small amount of fabric for Christmas ornaments.  Good news?  It doesn't count for my Stash Reports!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I sew without shoes especially when I am machine quilting, the gloves come on and the shoes go off. Love the scrappy blocks.
    Merry Christmas
    ann
    http://straythreads-straythreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sew without shoes too! I can't wear slippers either. Love the blocks. Those are so darling. Are you following a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those basket blocks are delightful. I have to sew with slippers or shoes on, can't do it with just socks of barefoot! Funny how we are all different. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete