Friday, December 2, 2011

Feels good to sew

My semester is winding down and I was finally able to sew quite a bit yesterday.  Because I did not have much time to dedicate to quilting, first I started by cutting out fabric for a baby quilt.  I went with a fun Turning 20 pattern.


I picked out my fabrics, sticking to purples, mint greens, and pinks.  Some of the fabric here is from the Hope Chest line at Connecting Threads.  I added to it from stash fabric.


I laid everything out on my dining room table and did my best to distribute the colors.  I had only 15 fat eights to work with rather than 20 (hence the turning 20 name), but I am happy with it.  I was able to start sewing a few blocks before my youngest woke from his nap.

Later, I was able to quilt more on the 30's repro quilt.  All of the hearts are done now, and I am now working in the alternate blocks, filling in with loops.  After last evening, I was able to finish half of that.  I think I have about 7-8 hours of quilting in it thus far.  I have grand plans for the border, but I def. need to practice a bit first!  I am thinking feathers and hearts.


Finally, while watching Bones I was able to quilt some more on my GFG quilt.  I would LOVE to have it finished by Spring, so I need to do as much as I can on winter break.  Starting in January, I have an internship and second job which will eat into any quilting time I have.  I suppose I need to spend SOME time with the family!

Happy quilting!

1 comment: