Sunday, June 19, 2011

String quilt top is finished

Hot off the presses!  I just finished the string quilt top!  It is about twin size???  I am very happy with how it turned out and I think brown worked just fine.  It may have been better with a hunter green but the brown still gives it nice depth (it is for a man anyway...my father will like the brown).  I totally need to get a better way of hanging quilts to photograph but this will have to do for now.






On another note, I need an opinion.  The next quilt top I need to finish is a gift for my sister.  It is inspired by an art piece.  Can I legally show this on my blog?  I see photos of tattoos that are art inspired (the artist is Natasha Wescoat...google her tree of life paintings).  I am excited about this project and need some guidance as to how to make my quilt wider and still fit into the theme but I am not sure if I am allowed to post pictures or not.

3 comments:

  1. The borders on your string quilt turned out wonderful! I really love the strings you used in between the brown strips - it really brings everything together!

    Re. the art inspired quilt - I don't see a problem showing it on your blog as long as you credit the artist the quilt was inspired by. But if you are in doubt, perhaps you should drop an e-mail to Natasha Wescoat with a pic of the quilt top, and ask her if it's all right to show it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks stunning! Love how you used the little 9patches in the border.
    Re the art inspired quilt - I think as long as you give credit to the source of inspiration it should is acceptable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a picture of your string quilt on Pinterest. I recently started a string quilt, and to make it bigger I'm adding strings and nine patches.

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete