Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Banner

I have been working on either finishing projects or getting them "to the next step" in the creative process prior to going on vacation.  I now have two finished quilt tops, two backs nearly assembled, and one dog mat completed.  I am about a quarter yard and binding shy of prepping the tree of life quilt so I am off to my LQS for an awesome sale.  I will get 40% off my regular priced fabric purchase if I buy 4 or more yards!  I hope to have the backing finished by Friday.  I will have two quilts ready for quilting and can't wait to get them under the machine.  Until then I get to think about how I will finish them.  Of course that means I also get to decide what to start next!

Here is the second dog mat.  It is patriotic and has a small dog applique in the corner.  I love how it came out and it was all from stash.  What I didn't like is that it doesn't lay flat.  I think I distorted the wool batting that I put into it.  I had sewn two pieces together to have enough and I don't think that was a good idea.  The kind of wool batting my LQS sells doesn't always play nicely.  Oh well.  Still awesome!


I just used a tight meander.  The back is a twill fabric since I know it will be on the ground and have heavy use.



This may be it from me for a little while...see you in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment