Friday, May 13, 2011

First Post!

Hello All!

Welcome to Scraps-a-Plenty!  I unfortunately started the blog on the day it went down and lost everything (thankfully I didnt do much)!  So here I am starting over.

I wanted to start by sharing with you a project I am working on.  I have about 4 things going in various stages, so I have some catching up to do! 

First of all, I LOOOOOVE scrap quilting.  I love trying to fit scrappy designs into traditional patterns.  I started out with a gallon sized bag of crumbs, and am working on fitting that into a quilt I will aptly name "Crumb Patch."  I will show pics of my progress and would love to work up a tutorial if there is interest.  My feeling is that there are many crumb quilts out there but I dont often see the crumb blocks used in a larger design.

Here is the first block.  This is an 8" finished 9 patch using 4" finished crumb blocks in the center.
I made these during my Mother's day trip to my LQS.  They have a "Sip n Sew" day every Wednesday and I had many hours of unlimited sewing!  I love my hubby's willingness to support my habit!

More posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment