Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blocks are Done on "Crumb Patch!"

I have been working on completing my 8 pointed star blocks throughout the day.  In between cooking, painting, mulching, planting, and baking, I would sew a few here and there.  I am so pleased at how this is turning out so far!  My points are pretty straight, my seams are flat, and the blocks appear square.  I became very familiar with the seam ripper!

Here she is!



Now I have to figure out what to do next.  Should I add sashings?  If I did, I am thinking a nice, rich, blue tone.  Other things I am throwing around is a small white border (2" finished) followed by a scrappy, flying geese border.  I think I need to sleep on this one!

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. I love the scrappy centers...they just add so much to the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, sashing would lessen the impact of the quilt, which is beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very nice! I love scrappy and you've done a beautiful job. No to the sashing! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I'm doing crumb blocks which is slowing down my other projects....but I can't throw anything away! Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really like that, I have a big pile of crumbs that I have been wanting to make into blocks. This quilt is inspiring me to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt. No to the sashing. I think the stars stand out so well as is. I've always wanted to make a quilt using up my crumbs/scraps. Maybe this is the one. Would love to see exactly how you made it.

    ReplyDelete